Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Humanics, LLC
We seek a Maintenance Mechanic for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of three federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8), Multi-Family, and Public Housing programs. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
The Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled building and grounds maintenance and repair activities to ensure the upkeep of agency property. Repairs and maintenance are performed in accordance with all codes and include: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, drywall, paint, carpets/flooring, exterior masonry and landscaping. The Maintenance Mechanic also cleans and prepares vacant units for re-occupancy; interacts professionally with residents, landlords, public officials, and staff; and performs all work in a safe manner.
- High School diploma/GED plus three (3) years of experience in the skilled maintenance of buildings and grounds, or comparable trade experience. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and become and remain insurable in accordance with the organization's vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain EPA certification in the proper handling of refrigerants and other chemicals within 1 year of employment.
- Prior experience performing and managing building & grounds maintenance, including: preventive maintenance programs, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, cabinetry, drywall, paint, and flooring.
- Ability to prepare accurate documentation; understand and work from sketches; and a strong focus on safety.
- Ability to use ladders, power and shop tools; perform light to heavy manual labor for extended periods of time; work in adverse weather conditions (ie snow removal); and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a rotating on-call basis. Position requires local automobile travel to all the agency's sites within Lake County.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a customer-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$19 - $19 Hourly