Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp., is searching for a Logistics Supervisor to supervise the daily operations of logistics, including personnel, systems, and inbound and outbound operations.
The Logistics Supervisor will coordinate logistics system-wide, both inbound and outbound. Responsibilities also include coordinating freight quoting and freight for hire; and qualifying and contracting with freight carriers. This individual is also the primary contact for all freight quote requests; resolves logistics related product feedback; and serves as primary contact for federal and state transportation regulatory agencies. This role also supervises over-the-road truck drivers and freight department staff. The Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for collecting appropriate data, maintaining data in the ERP system, preparing required reports, and performing freight reconciliations for accounting.
- HS/GED is required; some college coursework or degree a plus. APICS Certification in Logistics Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) preferred.
- 3-5 years prior logistics experience and prior supervisory experience preferred. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- DOT CFR 49 certified including IMDG training, or ability to obtain required certifications within six months
- Ability to manage time-sensitive demands. May be required to work on short notice and be available via cell phone.
- Excellent and professional communication skills - verbal, written, telephone
- Organized, good attention to detail, and strong math and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects with limited direction and in a timely manner
- 2 years ERP/database experience. MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience a plus.
- Ability to lift/carry 25-80 pounds
- Overnight travel estimated at less than 5%
UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. is an industry leader in pavement maintenance products manufactured nationwide. This position is located at our facility on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio and is an opportunity to join a successful, well-established company and work with knowledgeable professionals in the paving materials industry.
UNIQUE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health care, life, short-term disability, vision discounts, 401(k) plan, FSA and employee directed dental. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.