Manager Cyber Security
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Cyber Security Manager
Salary: $160-190k plus $20-25k bonus
Location: Herndon, VA
Looking for a Manager over Cyber Security, threat detection development or correlation logix in the SIEM tool, splunk event monitoring incident response threat intelligence, and forensic analysis will manage a group of security analysts demonstrated experience designing and implementing use cases in SIEM tool such as splunk. Strong IDS, IPS, ArcSight, QRadar, etc.
You will provide people management and technical direction over the Cyber Security Threat Detection function. You will lead the team responsible for activities ranging across threat analysis, advanced threat detection, development of correlation logic in the SIEM tool (Splunk), and assist in the team's activities ranging across event monitoring, incident response, threat intelligence, and forensic analysis.
Communication and Collaboration
- At least 8 years of Information Security or related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with building and leading high performing Information Security teams in complex environments.
- At least 3 years of Information Security experience especially developing advanced threat detection capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing use cases in SIEM tool such Splunk(preferred), ArcSight, QRadar, etc.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection).
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases).
- Relevant security knowledge and experience in two of the following areas: threat response, Security event monitoring, incident response, network/host intrusion detection, malware analysis.
- Proven experience in day-to-day operational processes such as security monitoring, data correlation, troubleshooting, security operations etc.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security related field or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP or CISM certification. Other relevant security certifications will be considered such as GIAC, GCIH, CEH, CSA+ certifications.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment is preferred.