Java Lead Developer
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Matt Burton Associates
Java Lead Developer
Our client, an established software solutions provider serving a wide range of public sector organisations has a new opportunity for an experience Java Lead Developer. As the lead developer you will need to have a significant experience of both managing a team and being technically hands on' where necessary.
About the role:
- At least 5 years' experience in similar roles required.
- Strong background in developing Java based applications for the web, ideally in Spring Boot (or Spring)
- Experience of take high-level specs and produce implementation plans which can be delegated to other developers
- Capable of understanding business context and user needs and working in an agile environment to ensure the implementation meets the outlined acceptance criteria
- Able to independently lead Java development projects of up to three developers, having responsibility for the quality of the team's output
- Must have experience leading a team on significant pieces of work
- Genuine decision-making experience is a must, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Set paradigms for future development eg testing strategies, design patterns
- Must be able to converse with technical and non-technical people alike
- SQL database experience and related technologies is essential, preferably Oracle
- Ability to perform under pressure - even in the face of adversity
- Experience with AWS services such as S3 and NoSQL databases such as Redis and Elasticsearch
- You shall need to have the ability to lead and mentor a team of Software Developers in Java Spring Boot
- Be happy to get hands on'
- Be confident in presenting solutions
- Have the ability to manage a large technical team (10-12 technical resources)
- Be confident in speaking to all levels of business
- Be exposed to Java Spring boot framework
- Enjoy working on a number of project related work
- Ideally have worked within a regulated environment
- A confident voice of authority around Spring Boot and Java development in general.
If you are an experienced Java Technical Lead seeking a new career opportunity working for a forward thinking growing business then this role could be for you. Apply online now.