Japanese Speaking Translation Project Manager
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Centric People
Job Title: Japanese Translation Project Manager
Location: Brentford, London
Our client is looking for an experienced Japanese Project Manager to join there ever growing team. This role is the main point of contact for Japanese clients and will take full ownership of multiple projects from initial stages to end. You will plan, ensure correct implementation and track the progress, knowing specified deliverables must be achieved. This individual must be highly motivated and will have good knowledge of translation processes and tools. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to develop their skills further within a Project management position.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with Management. This includes file analysis using memoQ, scheduling, quote creation and GM forecasting.
- Liaises with other studios to ensure scoping's go back to the sales team in a timely manner (takes ownership of the negotiations with other studios)
- Create a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the available resources to ensure profitability margins are met.
- Review the project schedule with Management and other staff that will be affected by project activities; revise and update the schedule and resourcing needs as required
- Evaluate project risks and propose mitigation plans
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers
- Establishes and oversees all the operations involved in the smooth and successful completion of each project phase
- Share resource requirements with Snr. Project Managers
- Ensure adequate resourcing of the project, including a mix of in-house and in-territory linguists.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Establish a clear communication workflow with customers and stakeholders to keep them updated on progress and make them aware of any potential risks.
- Be the main point of contact (internally and externally) for designated projects (normally those belonging to the allocated client account)
- Effectively use all forms of communication available (email, skype, phone, etc)
- Keep all records for the project up to date
- Maintains discipline (ensuring that the teams are adhering to the company policies and act appropriately within company premises).
- Proactively manages different personalities (ensure that there are no conflicts inside the teams and deal with arising conflicts appropriately).
- Train new members of staff as required.
- Review the quality of the work on the project on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the required standards.
- Provide support to direct reports to ensure their working conditions are adequate and liaise with other departments to ensure capacity plans are in place
- Takes responsibility for the gross margin of the project and is aware at all times of the projected gross margin.
- Schedules and resources the projects to maximise gross margin without unduly sacrificing quality.
- Have ownership of the invoicing process for the projects, both related to Receivables and Payables.
- Is responsive in email and chat communications, ensuring clarity in all messages sent.
- Build effective relationships with internal teams to aid the growth of the translation business line (LQA, Sales and HR).
- Adhere to company Security, Confidentiality and Health and Safety procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Adhere to the company IT and HR procedures and ensure the compliance of the team.
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Able to communicate effectively in a business environment both in English and in Japanese, both written and spoken.
- Experience in the translation industry (video games specific experience welcome)
- Excellent knowledge of business software applications (eg Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of CAT tools (eg Trados, memoQ, XTM, etc.)
- Ideally experience working with Plunet
- Capable of leading teams
- Demonstrates proactivity
- Ability to develop new ways to improve operations and to create opportunities
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Keeps a can do attitude and positive thinking
If you feel you have the experience, then we'd love to hear from you!