Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Senior Devops Engineer - Specialist Company - Dublin City Centre.
Due to continued success, my client, a global blue chip company based in Dublin 2, now has a requirement for a senior DevOps Engineer.
My client is looking for an experienced Devops engineer to join the growing IT team to operate and support both infrastructure and business applications that handle billions worth of transactions each year.
As a Devops Engineer you'll be a member of the team responsible for implementing Continuous Delivery plus relevant DevOps technology and practices to mature their service delivery capability.
The successful candidate will have a background in managing scalable, reliable Windows/Azure based environments. The candidate will be comfortable with Azure Devops and with an Infrastructure as Code approach through tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Work closely with internal IT, vendors to optimise deployment/management of new and existing infrastructure components and applications across multiple environments (Azure)
- Develop expert knowledge of on premise and cloud technology estate (networking infrastructure, load-balancing, Firewalling, network segmentation)
- Implement in-depth monitoring of all critical infrastructure and application services
- Work with existing toolset to actively monitor deployments and other critical BAU services/processes
- Identify redundant business processes/process optimization opportunities - implement automation
- Demonstrate awareness of security issues and work closely with our operations team to ensure systems remain safe and secure
- Provide training to Service Delivery team to support infrastructure and applications
- Perform ad-hoc Linux administration as necessary
- 4+ years Devops engineering experience desired with a strong background in systems support preferably in an outsourced environment,
- Expert knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Azure technology stack
- Demonstrated experience of automating application deployments and processes
- Very good knowledge of ITIL
- SME in PowerShell (other Scripting languages an advantage)
- Azure Devops
- TerraForm and Ansible
- Octopus Deploy
- Cloud Environments Azure
- Microsoft server stack (2012 and above)
If you feel this role would be right for you, please apply and we will be in touch. Please note you must have full working rights in Ireland and the EU to be considered for this position.