SAP MM Lead Consultant (S4 HANA Greenfield project) - Rotterdam, Nethe
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Nicholas Bernard Ltd
SAP MM Lead Consultant (S4 HANA Greenfield project) - Rotterdam, Netherlands - 12 months
My client is looking for a Senior SAP MM Functional Lead Consultant to join a greenfield S4 HANA project starting in April.
The right candidate will have at around 8-10 years experience on SAP MM experience with at least 3 full implementation projects experience, doing blue print design, implementation, customization, configuration and post Go Live support, of all aspects of the SAP MM modules.
S4 HANA experience is a strong advantage, as is Manufacturing background
Candidates should have particular experience in carrying out business workshops, implementation roll outs, data migration and strong configuration experience.
Description of role:
As Senior Consultant, (S)He will be responsible for bringing business perspectives together and support standardization of core processes to enable efficient IT solutions.
As business process expert, (S)He will facilitate and support business workshops related to SAP SAP Material Management including procurement processes, master data (material and vendor), account determination & valuation of materials, invoice management and MRP to optimize company's business processes and enhance system capabilities.
(S)He is supported by local business experts who from a business unit perspective contribute to the European standards.
As Senior Consultant, (S)He will have expert knowledge and understanding of SAP functional and technical Material Management capabilities including industry best practices.
(S)He will be part of the business project workstream and partner with the overall program team to analyze and define business requirements, business processes and objectives to scope project and deliverables. (S)He will anticipate strategic, tactical and operational roadmaps given by the European Directors and therefore related to MM module charting the deployment of digital solutions in line with company's overall strategy.
- Bring in expert knowledge of materials management including configuration of master data (materials, MRP procedures, business partners), purchasing, MRP runs, inventory management, GI/GR, invoicing and advanced functionalities like batch management, special procurement types, early warning system etc.
- Preparing, organizing and conducting functional business workshops related to Material Management area across the European Business Units.
- Proposes process improvement plans to the Business Process Manager Europe. Each proposal needs to be discussed upfront with core IT regarding feasibility and impact.
- Ensures appropriate process designs, including the correct business requirements.
- Modelling and documenting business processes using the process methodology (given by the Business Process Manager Europe). Providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs and working together with the development team on SAP Configurations & custom developments.
- Coordinating user acceptance tests & aligning transports to production with the company's core IT team responsible and ensuring post go live support.
- Facilitate implementation and support of SAP S/4 Hana (1809/1909) and S/4 Hana Material Management Innovation including material ledger, MRP, Goods Issue/Goods Receipt (GI/GR), Fiori Apps and Analytics.
- Bring in strong business process knowledge on Materials Management processes and integration with cross modules like Production Planning, Sales & Distribution, Quality Management and SCM.
- Strong cross functional leadership by bringing people together to gather relevant business requirements with the ability to look at the end to end processes and understand how the processes integrate in the SAP S/4 HANA product architecture.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes, across the enterprise's global operations, in a consistent and as standardized way as possible (in line with the business process directions given by the European Directors gathered by the Business Process Manager Europe).
- Standardize processes for core IT (eg ERP).
- Ensures process performance, such that processes deliver the intended outcomes (or outputs and results).
- Prepares process documentation, such that related maps and work instructions always reflect current work practice and could be used for user trainings and on-boardings.
Key SAP Skills:
- Knowledge/Expertise in configuration and implementation of:
o Master Data including Material and Business Partner
o Batch Management
o Purchasing & Quotation Management
o Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
o Inventory Management, GI/GR
o Document Management
- Bring in ability to review the material management processes and provide recommendations on process improvements using SAP S/4HANA and conduct fit gap analysis.
- Working knowledge on Conversion of SAP Legacy system to SAP S/4HANA is a plus.
- Ability to conduct and facilitate complex and interactive solution workshops.
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Travel: some travel across Europe (all expenses paid when travelling)
Duration: 12 months
Please send CVs in Word format to (see below)