QA Lead/Automation Engineer
Posted on Mar 5, 2020 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
We are currently supporting a leading Swiss Bank in Zurich, in their search for an experienced QA Lead/Automation Engineer.
Overview of business area or project:
Within the Global Markets business area, ITS Risk technology is responsible for all sales and trading activities of PM & WM across all geographic locations globally. This position is within Risk Services group, which is responsible for the applications that handle counterparty, netting and legal data in the trade booking and risk reporting business processes.
We require an experienced QA Lead/Automation Engineer, who will work with IT developers and Project stakeholders, drive, and execute the redesign and automation of the overall UAT test framework of the Risk Services space. The candidate will bring efficiencies in the E2E testing process, making sure that all aspects of the project deliverables are fully tested under automated processes and take full responsibility of the quality of the product we roll out in production.
You are capable to pick up tasks related to several aspects of life cycle of product development, ie Contact with stakeholders, design and write different types of tests in automated frameworks, coordinate UAT rollouts; know and understand Agile methodology and its tools.
- Design regression, functional, integration test cases and implement those under automated frameworks
- Ensure automated tests are maintained and enhanced with additional functionality
- Define business test cases and ensure test coverage for all changes on Jira task level
- Working with the Environment Management teams and maintain proper versioning across components on UAT env.
- UAT release management - coordinate releases of different versions of risk services and making sure that tests are executed on correct as-of go live versions
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Over 5 years of experience software testing experience in Back End testing of microservice applications with complex integrations.
- Experience in test automation (regression, acceptance tests etc.)
- Proven track record as Test automation SME
- Taking testing from prototype to automation and bringing team up to speed in this process
- Proven track record of working with enterprise, multi-tier applications in particular web services, Client Server and Server Side application programming that also include data management aspects in Java 8 or above (core Java)
- Experience working in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment
- Experience working in a high pressure, high demanding environment
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience with all phases of the software/system life cycle process
- Knowledge of both automated and manual testing
- Previous test management experience including proven supervisory or leadership experience
- Strong QA and testing industry knowledge
- Proven experience in testing
- Experience of coordinating people to complete tasks
- Experience working within a Matrix-style structure
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in writing and automating BDDs (Cucumber)
- Experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and programming
- Knowledge about Spring framework suite: Core, Boot, Caching,
- Experience with service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions)
Are you ready for the next challenge in your career, then dont hesitate to send your application or contact me.