Nature Performance Director
Posted on Mar 5, 2020 by Acre
Danone's portfolio includes a variety of products, from dairy and plant-based brands (e.g. Activia & Actimel) through to numerous water brands (e.g. Evian & Volvic). This role is responsible for Danone's Global Scope, from their 200+ factories that are accountable for 26Million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions, through to their extended supply chain (milk, packaging and plant products).
This brand-new role will take full ownership of the global monitoring and performance of the organisations carbon footprint, water and energy use. The exciting position will focus on improving the 4 nature pillars: climate change, sustainable agriculture, circular economy and water resource protection.
* Building a clear, externally shared, picture of Danone's Nature Performance
* Managing relationships with key external & internal stakeholders
* Developing and training Danone's teams inline with the best-in-class methods and standards
* Designing, implementing and monitoring Danone's sourcing strategy for carbon credits
* Leadership and management of the nature performance team
This role will bring Danone to a next stage in its leadership position in CO2 reporting, developing new standards and systems to further understand the carbon challenges across the organisation and industries it operates across.
* Strong stakeholder engagement skills to create an excellent network within Danone and across their external partners globally
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams in multi-geographical locations
* Proven track record of sustainability and nature performance monitoring, ideally within FMCG
* Business acumen and business agility are essential
* Engage in operational and strategic planning and delivering
This impactful role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop new global industry standards and policies in the field. Danone want to lead the sector and set a global benchmark for nature performance across the FMCG market globally.