Senior Search Engineer
Posted on Mar 5, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Search Engineer. This role is revolved around the implementation and support of Apache Solr Solutions. This person will need expertise in Apache Solr architecture and have the ability to design, deploy, and support solutions in a shared services architecture. A great fit for this role will have experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java and/or .NET applications, along with Scripting skills with Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell.
- Implementation and support of Apache Solr solutions.
- Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing Apache Solr solutions.
- Exhibit expertise in Apache Solr architecture and the demonstrated competency to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture.
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SDLC best practices including the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Participates in the discovery phase of projects to determine high level design.
- Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product management and architects.
- Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/incidents.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues.
- Mentors and coaches junior developers in search strategies in general and Apache Solr solutions in particular.
- 4 + years of experience with Apache Solr and/or vended or open source search engines such as Lucidworks Fusion, IDOL, Lucene, or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java and/or .NET applications.
- Advanced Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg, GitHub).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or experience in closely related field
- Experience developing specifically with Apache Solr
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (eg, Jenkins, Artifactory Pro, SonarQube, Selenium, Jmeter, and so forth).
- Experience with some or all of Apache, JBoss/Tomcat, or other application Servers.
- Experience with Node JS, AngularJS, Bootstrap or other web-based frameworks.
- Exposure to Spark