Object Storage Engineer
Posted on Mar 5, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for an Object Storage Engineer.
This role will be responsible for designing, creating, and automating storage solutions and the management of object storage platforms. This engineer will develop and deploy storage automation to improve service delivery as well as introduce new storage capabilities through deployment of new technologies. This person needs to have experience with AWS cloud storage and object storage. Also needed for this role is strong knowledge of SAN and NAS storage technologies.
- Design/create/automate storage solutions to meet business unit requirements.
- Responsible for life cycle management of object storage platforms.
- Introduce and deploy new storage capabilities through the introduction and deployment of new technologies.
- Develop and deploy storage automation to improve service delivery.
- Represent the storage teams in collaborative efforts and projects with internal clients and other infrastructure teams.
- Maintain a relationship with storage vendors and stay abreast of their latest technology offerings and recommend new capabilities that provide value to Company.
- Establish, implement, and perform storage management functions that ensure the resiliency, maintainability, and security of the storage infrastructure.
- Translate business requirements into storage and data protection tasks and documentation. Adhere to policies and practices associated with change management, incident management, problem management, and release management in the storage infrastructure.
- Perform testing of new software and firmware patches to the storage environment and produce documentation for rolling out the software.
- Monitor storage usage and assist with capacity management for all datacenters.
- Provide 3rd level support for all production storage and/or data protection infrastructure platforms including performance tuning.
Storage Capabilities Team - Object Storage Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Designs, engineers and manages Company's storage infrastructure.
- Must have the ability and experience to drive storage improvement efforts, through implementation of new technologies and/or automation in a secure data center or cloud environment.
- Responsible for life cycle management, as well as, the development and deployment of new capabilities within the storage and backup infrastructures.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of object storage principles and constructs (S3 Experience Highly Preferrred)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS storage technologies
- Knowledge and experience with the AWS S3 protocol and IAM policies
- Knowledge of core object storage administration and management concepts such as geographically dispersed data protection, erasure coding, and REST API
- Understanding of IP Networking principles including load balancing and Firewalls
- RHEL administration and patching
- Knowledge of Python Scripting, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Experience with the Scality object storage platform
- Cloud Computing and Storage technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Docker Container fundamentals
- Broad understanding of NAS protocols: NFS and CIFS, management and administration.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware ESX, VMware vSAN, RHEL, and Windows Server.
- Familiar with NetApp's OnCommand suite of management utilities (OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Unified Manager)
- Experience with addressing vulnerabilities in storage protocols and storage platforms.
- Experience with ServiceNow