Network Support Specialist (German speaking)
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Q Networkers
We are urgently looking for a German and English speaking Network Support Specialist for a contract role based in St Gallen - Switzerland.
This Network Support Role will primary focus on Switzerland Network and Skype topics.
Summary Job Description:
- The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing hands-on network engineering for a world-class enterprise network, to include deployment projects and initiatives.
- The Senior Network Engineer will be ensuring all equipment such as Routers, Switches and access points are set up correctly and ready for deployment, and maintained after installation. Network design and development for future technologies will be expected. Troubleshooting and decision making both with and without team support.
- This Senior Network Engineer will be expected to apply knowledge of network engineering to ensure all projects and deliverable's are completed accurately and on time.
- Understanding of systems, intrusion detection systems, Firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, Quality of Service
- General Extensive knowledge of network architecture including: WAN/MPLS Architecture, setup and maintenance Switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, IP utilities (and 802.11 wireless as a plus)
- Deep understanding and proven experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, xSTP (STP, RSTP, or MSTP) and routing protocols (eg OSPF, RIP, BGP, EIGRP)
- Ability to administer, install and troubleshoot vendor specific VPN (eg setup of full multi-path VPN with defined QoS)
- Technical solutions on complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
- Technical proficiency for Lync Server 2013/Skype for business telephony Server Side, end device setup
- Strong understanding of Microsoft network environment
- MS Active Directory
- Intermediate Network Architecture with focus on troubleshooting and proficiency in network tools usage
Technical proficiency with:
- Firewall setup and configuration; Barracuda Firewall know-how ideal
- MS Active Directory
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous environments including know-how of specific tools (eg Wireshark)
Management & Soft Skills:
- Business maturity, decision-making, planning, & project management skills
- Ability to produce and adhere to documentation - Visio, Project Plans, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Language: English + German
- Ability to multitask several issues and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report network incidents and issues to the upper management.