General Ledger/Business Support - Central London - 12 Month FTC
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Lucid Support Services Ltd
General Ledger/Business Support (CTC or full SC Clearance Required)
12 month Fixed Term Contract
£25,000 - £30,000
The Ledger Manager will be an integral support to the programme s financial management. Processing both accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions across multi-faceted funding and spending profiles. You will provide advice and support to the organisation on all aspects of cost centre transactions. This will involve but not be limited to;
- Management of day-to-day transactional management
- Responsibility for the accuracy of the data inputs and outputs
- Hands on production and maintenance of the finance spreadsheets
- Maintaining accurate records of approvals in line with Delegations of Authority
- Proactive management of ledger transactions, monitoring PO and Invoice status
- Presenting key information that will have significant impact on the programme budget
- Maintaining outstanding balances for Call-Off agreements
- Leading the relationship with SSCL to ensure timely and accurate financial processing
- Raising requests for Purchase Orders (POs) and chasing progress until suppliers have POs
- Ensuring invoices are received before approving payment
- Other activities as required to ensure financial information is accurately maintained
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience of use of Microsoft Excel in a fast paced programme/team environment
- Strong communicator, excellent presentation skills and able to communicate at all levels.
- Experience as a Finance Administrator/Ledger Clerk
- Possess natural organisational skills with a high level of auditability.
- Demonstrate excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to develop an intra-Government finance community network of contacts
- Good understanding of Government and public sector accounting
Please note that this role requires CTC clearance, which would normally require 3 years UK residency in the past 3 years. This is not an absolute requirement, but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.