Infrastructure Project Manager
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Capita Resourcing IT
Infrastructure Project Manager - Belfast, Newtownabbey- part of one of the UK's leading software and consultancy organisations
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits package + exposure to lots of large scale and complex projects + clear career development Pathway.
A leading IT services and solutions business that forms part of a global FTSE250 consulting and software organisation is looking to add an experienced Infrastructure Project Manager to their IT Services project team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Project Manager with a diverse range of skills in technical project management, client and stakeholder management to join an established and longstanding IT services business in NI with a growing client base in Ireland and with lots of interesting and innovative live projects. The ideal candidate will have gained experience within a large-scale technology business. In this role you will work on interesting and diverse projects and your work will add real value for end clients. Project Managers within this business look to add value in everything they do ensuring they are approachable, have the courage to do things differently, work with autonomy and collaboratively and always look for new and innovative solutions.
What you'll do (summary):
- The Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of project(s) and ensuring the appropriate level of governance is followed
- Ensure that the products required are produced to the standard of quality expected and within the specified constraints of time, quality and cost
- You'll takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of small to medium-scale projects
- You'll ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate
- You will manage the change control process and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off
- Provide effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
- You'll review information systems and processes to ensure that they are compliant with the organisation's strategy for corporate governance
What you'll need:
- Broadly skilled in information technology including application and infrastructure environments and proven and extensive PM experience within large scale organisations.
- You'll have comprehensive knowledge of relevant development life cycles including traditional waterfall and agile methods
- Proven and demonstrable experience of project delivery in a similar environment
- You'll hold Practitioner certificate in PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualification(s).
- You will have proven experience working on client site and taking a consultative approach to project management.
- Ideally, you'll have strong experience in the methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial compliance against an agreed plan.
- You will have experience of using automated tools to assist in the project management process, by automating mechanical tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and time recording. Tools and techniques for risk management
- An ITIL Service Management qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Belfast based
- Some travel to customer site
- Some home working flexibility may be possible aligned to business needs
Interviews to take place ASAP with slots reserved this and next week.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.