Human Resources Manager - Westlake, OH
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Premier Physicians Centers
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading all Human Resource functions, initiatives, and services to employees and physicians, including policy development and implementation, performance and change management, employee relations, talent acquisition and development, benefits and compensation planning and administration, recruiting, payroll, regulatory compliance, safety/BWC/OSHA compliance.
Essential Job Function:
- Develop, implement, and communicate human resources and company policies and procedures, and ensures legal compliance with updates and periodic revisions of the Premier Physicians Employee Handbook.
- Manage the activities of HR staff - Payroll Coordinator.
- Recruit, interview, and select candidates for positions, and establishes processes to ensure a pipeline of talent.
- Evaluate, recommend, and administer company benefits package.
- Select and coordinate use of employee benefits consultants, insurance carriers, third party administrators, payroll vendor, and related entities and business partners.
- Serve as Plan Administrator for the company's 401(k) Retirement Plan, and preside over quarterly 401(k) Investment Committee meetings.
- Coach and counsel employees and physicians with business and employee issues.
- Provide counsel and support to supervisory/management staff on offering feedback and properly addressing/documenting performance, attendance, conduct concerns, and advise corrective actions and approve for-cause terminations.
- Establish wage and salary structure, pay policies, and conducts wage and salary surveys annually.
- Work with Ohio BWC partners (MCO, TPA) to promptly process workers compensation claims (FROI), certify claims, and manage claims process.
- Maintain OSHA recordkeeping (injury logs, accident reports, Form 300, 301, 300A) and meet posting requirements.
- Oversee and manage the company's payroll procedures and processes.
- Develop, initiate, and conduct employee annual performance review process.
- Conduct exit interviews and process terminations.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality relative to employee records and issues.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 previous experience in Human Resources in a management/leadership role, preferably healthcare setting, with demonstrated knowledge of all HR disciplines - recruitment, performance management, change management, employee relations, compensation & benefits planning and administration, training and development, safety, employee communications.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Management, or related degree preferred. SPHR certification helpful.
- Knowledge of recruiting/selection/interview best practices, EEO regulations, including strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, ability to work in a collaborative manner with people at all levels in the organization, superior verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to be creative in seeking innovative solutions, good organizational skills, able to drive for results and meet deadlines, able to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
Premier Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.