Supplier Quality Engineer II
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer II (Defined term)
Location: Ballybrit, Galway
Offer: Excellent salary, Healthcare, pension and yearly bonus.
I'm working with a medical device company in Galway for the openings for a Supplier Quality Engineer. The company hold a portfolio of 13,000 products and are at the forefront of the medical device industry. Their presence in Galway extends almost 25 years and continues to be one of the most highly respected medical technology leaders in Ireland.
Develops, establishes and maintains quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which meet BSC, customer, and regulatory requirements. Serves as a Quality representative to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities. Provides focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support
- Provides engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviews and approves all material and component specification drawings.
- Provides engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributes to and participates in Material Review Boards.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- At minimum 2 years experience in an Engineering/Quality role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy