Data Protection Officer
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is a leading department running several nature reserves in Belgium as part of the Flemish government. They currently require a Data Protection Officer to support their next phase of growth.
The AVG or GDPR determines that the data protection officer is appointed on the basis of their professional qualities. As a Data Protection Officer:
- You have a Master's degree or equivalent through experience;
- You have professional work experience (or equivalent) in the field of privacy management, information security governance, cyber security, risk management or security auditing;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the AVG/GDPR and you have specialized knowledge of data protection practices and in particular knowledge of law;
- You have a strong affinity with both the IT technical and the legal side of data protection. You are interested in the new trends and technologies with regard to information security and privacy, which can mean added value for the organization;
- You have a CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe) certificate.
- You are analytical, proactive, practice-oriented, socially competent, communicative, creative and also able to present predetermined ideas in writing in a structured, clear way. You can also work independently and in an organized manner.
- Language requirement: Dutch speaking at European CEFR level C2.
- Make sure that the organization is compliant with current privacy laws and regulations; by implementing a safety plan and following up and advising on incidents. You provide the necessary reporting internally and externally and you prepare or review the necessary policies or guidelines for processing agreements.
- You guarantee compliance with the internal rules of the 'controller';
- Coordinate and assist the controller in the preparation and maintenance of the register of processing activities;
- Perform your analyzes, provide advice and guide the controller in the preparation and implementation of data protection programs;
- You work together with the supervisory authority and act as a contact person for both internal employees and external stakeholders;
- Are you the point of contact for all matters related to the organization;
- You work closely with a multidisciplinary team of IT specialists, information managers, lawyers, etc.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please send me a CV for immediate consideration.