Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Coba IT Consultants Ltd
Are you a Software Developer keen to work for a major player in the Physical and Financial Global Commodity markets, with major trading centres in worldwide? Our client is an active trader in all major commodity asset classes, from Crude and Refined oil products, to power & gas, coal and emissions, through to freight, metals, and agricultural products.
- The successful candidate will be based in Geneva working within the Front Office Trading Analytics team.
- This will include work on our next-generation systems, primarily gathering data from a wide variety of fundamental data sources, cleaning and storing this data.
- You would partner with the clients Trading desks and analysts, working on all aspects of data retrieval and analytics/visualisation, striving to automate manual processes being performed by user groups.
- This is an opportunity to work with cloud-based services and .NET Core to deliver solutions that balance the pace required by a Front Office team with the appropriate level of governance and rigor required.
The successful candidate will work with the team on all aspects of the development life cycle with responsibilities including:
- Working with cutting edge technologies in a dynamic agile environment;
- Working with the business to understand processes and capture requirements;
- Analysis and design of functions, components, and applications; across n-tier client, server, and database layers;
- Application implementation as part of a team or individually; Robust application testing.
- 5+ years .NET (required)
- Unit and Integration testing (required)
- SQL database (required)
- Azure Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Strong academic record to degree standard (Computing, Engineering or Mathematics degree preferred);
- Experience of working in data science and trading analytics;
- Fluent English;
- Excellent communication skills with clients and developers;
- Strong Analytical skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities;
- Ability to gather requirements and plan projects with system users under minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a Real Time high throughput environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€700 - €900 Daily