Software Developer - £40,000 + 8% Bonus + Flexible/remote working
Posted on Mar 4, 2020 by Hortor
My client, a global consultancy, with offices in over 230 countries is looking for a Software Developer to join their busy Wolverhampton office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking business on the forefront of technology.
As an Application Developer, you will develop new software and support existing software for such systems. This will involve working closely with Solution Managers, Product Managers, Service Managers to assist in the development of new developments, and enhancements to existing solutions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain software for our Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) offerings.
- Perform Application Management duties on existing software.
- Active involvement in design decisions for new software components
- Assist with resolving technical queries from Solution Managers/Service Managers/Clients.
- Provide input into development quotes based on Solution design documentation
- Liaise with internal partners to articulate technical information in relation to the systems. This could be explaining system functionality or explaining future system changes.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a rich combination of experience, tested skills, and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for.
- Demonstrate good analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Travel: willing to work on projects across the UK as required by the business
- Can demonstrate that they take a structured and effective approach to own work
- Passionate about learning new technologies & automation
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Skills we can't do without:
- ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core
- One of Angular 2+, Vue.js, React
- Entity Framework (Core or 4+)
- One of XUnit, NUnit, MSUnit
- One of Git, TFS, SVN
- MS SQL Server or MySQL
- Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience of using CI/CD
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID Principles
- Dependency Injection
- Unit Testing
Skills we'd like:
Knowledge/understanding in the following:
- Identity Server 4
- Ocelot API Gateway
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact me directly and attach a copy of your most recent CV.