Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Manufacturing Supervisors are directly involved in responsibility for a range of product cells within manufacturing. Achievement of the manufacturing goals must be accomplished through fostering & facilitating teamwork and empowerment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
- Most of the time is spent overseeing their area of responsibility, managing performance, developing talent, engagement & inclusion, communicating business and operation developments, planning, prioritizing and or directing the responsibilities of their team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas
- Maintain acceptable level of quality by ensuring adherence to all quality specifications and procedures. Work closely with QA personnel in meeting quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain good work practices ensuring safety of all personnel.
- Provide effective training, clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviors, effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities, and accurate, timely performance appraisals.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level qualification in business/engineering or a related field.
- Supervisory Development Programme is a requirement.
- Six Sigma or Lean certified.
- 5 years + experience in manufacturing or related function.
- Strong people management skills
- Very competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover including dependants
- Excellent pension scheme
- Exceptional pension scheme
If this is something of interest then please get in touch today.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales