Server Operating Systems Engineers
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Server Operating Systems Engineers
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Luxembourg
Contract Rate: Up to Euro 460 per day
Contract Length: 12 Months with Multiple extensions
Our Client, one of the world's foremost IT Consultancies, is looking to recruit Contract Server Operating Systems Engineers to join their client in Luxembourg.
The main responsibility is the administration of the servers of the management of software installed on the servers, backup, monitoring operating the networked operating systems such as Solaris, Linux (including Red Hat), UNIX and Windows .
- Component Integration: Integrates hardware, software or sub system components into an existing or a new system. Complies with established processes and procedures such as, configuration management and package maintenance. Takes into account the compatibility of existing and new modules to ensure system integrity, system interoperability and information security. Verifies and tests system capacity and performance and documentation of successful integration.
- Testing: Constructs and executes systematic test procedures for ICT systems or customer usability requirements to establish compliance with design specifications. Ensures that new or revised components or systems perform to expectation. Ensures meeting of internal, external, national and international standards; including health and safety, usability, performance, reliability or compatibility. Produces documents and reports to evidence certification requirements.
- Change Support: Implements and guides the evolution of an ICT solution. Ensures efficient control and scheduling of software or hardware modifications to prevent multiple upgrades creating unpredictable outcomes. Minimises service disruption as a consequence of changes and adheres to defined service level agreement (SLA). Ensures consideration and compliance with information security procedures.
- Problem Management: Identifies and resolves the root cause of incidents. Takes a proactive approach to avoidance or identification of root cause of ICT problems. Deploys a knowledge system based on recurrence of common errors. Resolves or escalates incidents. Optimises system or component performance.
- Information Security Management: Implements information security policy. Monitors and takes action against intrusion, fraud and security breaches or leaks. Ensures that security risks are analysed and managed with respect to enterprise data and information. Reviews security incidents, makes recommendations for security policy and strategy to ensure continuous improvement of security provision.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!