Senior Application and Infrastructure Specialist (Trading)
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
We are currently supporting a leading Swiss bank in Zurich, in their search for an experienced Senior Application and Infrastructure Specialist.
As a key member of a small, dynamic team of senior technologists, you are expected to provide support to not only business users directly, but to your colleagues in both technology and quant/risk teams.
The role will suit those who seek to proactively improve processes and tasks whilst working in an exciting, ever-changing environment.
The role will provide support at all levels directly to both front and Back Office teams, as well as colleagues in the technology teams.
As such, responsibilities and tasks are diverse and would include:
- Supporting Quant/Risk teams with niche industry tools and applications as well as proprietary systems
- Assisting with infrastructure and service build-outs (clustering, IIS, Vendor applications etc.)
- Working with external hosting platform partners to ensure a stable, performant operating environment
- Proving support to the development team with their DEVOPS platform (build server maintenance/configuration etc.)
- Being the initial support contact for various business units and the resolution or escalation of any issues they may encounter
- Ensuring internal and company-wide standards for availability and continued deliverance of services and functions are met and maintained
- Supporting the technology teams with various tools and services
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong support all-rounder ability to pick up and support new applications and processes quickly
- Good knowledge of Windows Administration and troubleshooting (no engineering, but needs to know basic win server admin & troubleshooting)
- Some infrastructure cloud/virtualization knowledge
- Extensive Excel knowledge (VBA etc.)
- Scripting such as PowerShell/batch or similar
- Good knowledge of their way around SQL Server (basic admin and some basic querying)
- Can navigate and understand .NET C# code (not a coder, but someone who can at least provide 1st level support on an in-house app)
- Proactive person who seeks to continually improve tasks and processes
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English in written and spoken
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with relational databases, eg SQL Server
- Intermediate development skills or able to read and understand the code in C#/SQL Server
- Experience in the Reinsurance Industry
- Some experience with Reinsurance tools and technologies such as CAT Trader, Touchstone Re etc.
Are you ready for this exiting challenge in your career, then dont hesitate to send your application or contact me.