Financial Applications Engineer
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Financial Applications Engineer. Candidate analyzes, evaluates and implements business systems and technical processes to support the Finance department. This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation of user needs, program functions, and maintenance processes, and will coordinate the installation, integration and support of business applications and data.
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the financial departmental applications; in some specific cases, Level 2 support may be required. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement new components and upgrades to departmental applications. This includes coordination, integration and support of business applications and data. The position will be instrumental in systems upgrades and conversions and actively manage the relationship with various non-IT business departments.
- Adhere to the Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Develop or enhance quality control reports and electronic monitoring to assure regulatory and data quality compliance.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better business decisions.
- Write functional and technical specifications including application design changes and integrations for development.
- Gather information, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Company's goals and strategic objectives.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Finance Applications team.
BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years' experience of application support/configuration.
Must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
Other Skills Needed:
- Experience with SQL Query is required.
- Experience with financial applications such as Elite 3E, Carpe Diem, ARCS, e-Plus Purchasing, and Chrome River products is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Powershell Scripting
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments