Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Lean Expert
Location: Cork, Ireland
Type: Permanent role
Job Duties | Generic
- Responsible for the development and implementation of process mapping, background info, etc.
- Lean expert identifies areas suitable for onsite and offshore strategic partners.
- Drive continuous improvements in standardization via end2end optimization, lean, advanced technologies and digitization.
- Strong background in Lean business transformation experience in a corporate office environment, shared services experience is a plus.
- Proven track record in building a lean culture and a passion for Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to influence and lead the required change for a sustainable Lean transformation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to train team members and senior leaders in lean practices and initiatives.
- Process Optimization and development experience.
- Ensures changes to products are developed and manufactured in accordance with applicable industry standards, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Conducts training workshops focused around Problem Solving & Lean thinking to new employees and various leaders throughout the organization.
- Supports leadership in the implementation and execution of different projects Onshore and offshore.
- Works closely with the process lead and functional leader to drive cross value chain E2E integration.
- Experience working with Daily Management and Problem Solving workshops in an office environment.
- Ability to motivate teams and encourage Lean thinking at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & to prioritize many conflicting and frequently changing priorities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational qualification required to perform the job
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent degree of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be Certified Lean Advanced or preferably Lean Expert and/or Black Belt is highly preferred.
- Medical device experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills giving the ability to influence others at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills using data; especially in a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Knowledge in Risk management and Change management process.
- Experience in core building Lean culture or Operational Excellence or Business Excellence role will be an ideal fit.