Corporate Fundraising Officer
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Surfers Against Sewage
Corporate Fundraising Officer
About the Role
We are committed to saving our ocean but we have our work cut out for us. Every day 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans. Nowhere is safe and plastic pollution can now be found on every beach in the world.
We have a very successful Corporate Fundraising program, supporting our high impact projects across education, volunteering, community engagement and campaigns. This role is essential in supporting the organisation to continue delivering these award winning projects.
You'll be a key part of our small, high achieving fundraising team.
Working closely with the Director of Fundraising you will manage, develop and evaluate our corporate fundraising strategy to deliver ambitious income targets. A key part of the role will be to consolidate our existing corporate fundraising across our business membership scheme (250 club), project sponsors and other corporate donors.
We work with our corporate partners in a variety of ways (see below for more detail) these general responsibilities are applicable across all
- Be the first point of contact for all corporate / business enquirers and signpost inquiries to the best way to support our work
- Management of income and expenditure budgets, ensuring targets are achieved
- Monitoring and ensuring KPI's are met across the corporate income streams
Lead on the management & delivery of our business membership scheme (250 Club)
- Management and administration of our existing 250 club members
- Recruiting new 250 Club members to support the charity
- Ensuring 250 Club members are engaged in our work and use their networks to promote SAS activities, e.g. participation and promotion of the Big Spring Beach Clean
- Ensuring our 250 Club members are aware of and encouraged to support and engage with our work in different ways
- Development of the 250 Club into a broader business membership scheme
Lead on the management & delivery of project sponsorship opportunities
- Management and administration of our existing sponsors
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of our work across Project Sponsorship opportunities
- Writing & project managing high quality proposals to potential corporate sponsors
- Developing and refining project sponsorship decks
Lead on the management & delivery of other ways for corporates to support our work. E.g. Work for Good / 1 % For The Planet / Charity of the year partnerships
- Management and administration of our existing partnerships across a variety of corporate giving platforms
- Ensure all giving platforms are up-to-date with relevant key information
- Keep up-to-date with new giving platforms / ways for corporates to support our work. Assess appropriateness for SAS and deliver if applicable.
- Researching potential 250 Club members, project sponsors and corporate donors
Corporate Engagement Policy
- Ensure all corporate partners are screened against our Corporate Engagement Policy
Ensuring our supporters' experience is positive and exemplary
- Deliver an annual networking / celebration event for our corporate supporters
- Working closely with the Director of Fundraising and the fundraising team to develop and provide high quality engagement opportunities for our supporters
- Ensuring exemplary communications with all SAS's corporate supporters
- Ensuring SAS reports effectively to corporate supporters based on individual reporting requirements
- Managing corporate supporter visits to SAS head office and projects
Fundraising strategy development and implementation
- Support the Director of Fundraising to refine and implement our fundraising strategy
Cross cutting tasks to ensure the delivery of the above
- Contribute to the formation of annual plans and budgets
- Reporting regularly on actual versus planned performance
- Providing data to budget holders for monthly forecast figures
- Preparing thoroughly for one to one meetings and annual appraisals with your line manager
- Take responsibility for your ongoing professional development
- Understanding and supporting the vision, mission and aims of Surfers Against Sewage
- Contributing to the formulation and delivery of Surfers Against Sewage's strategic development plans
We're looking for a talented and motivated individual with experience of working in a successful fundraising team in a corporate fundraising or similar role.
Above all, you'll have a passion for fundraising and the desire to work in a high performing team.
Knowledge and experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of successfully writing proposals for corporate support
- Experience of acting as an organisational ambassador in a range of outward facing contexts
- Project management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Understanding of fundraising CRMs and their functionality
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritise a busy workload
- Awareness of new Fundraising Regulatory framework
Attributes and Behaviors
- Passionate and committed to improving the marine environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A completer / finisher
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly competent team worker
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- Willingness to work occasional evening and weekends
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role to us by clicking APPLY NOW
Closing Date: Friday 13 th March
Interview Date: Interviews expected to be held on Thursday 26 th March & Friday 27 th March at SAS HQ in St Agnes, Cornwall.
Surfers Against Sewage values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.