Senior Trusts & Foundations Officer
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Surfers Against Sewage
Senior Trusts & Foundations Officer
About the Role
We are committed to saving our ocean but we have our work cut out for us. Every day 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans. Nowhere is safe and plastic pollution can now be found on every beach in the world.
We have a very successful Trusts & Foundations program, supporting our high impact projects across education, volunteering, community engagement and campaigns. This role is essential in supporting the organisation to continue delivering these award winning projects.
You'll be a key part of our small, high achieving fundraising team.
Working closely with the Director of Fundraising you will help translate our project work into compelling applications to a variety of funders and manage these relationships when successful.
Writing and leading fundraising applications
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of Surfers Against Sewage's work across Campaigns & Projects
- Writing & project managing high quality applications to trusts, foundations, livery companies, public sector and lottery funders
- Meeting KPI's for income and applications to trusts and foundations
- Working closely with the Campaigns & Projects and Finance teams to ensure collaborative bid development
- Developing and refining project cases for support
- Researching trusts, foundations, livery, statutory and lottery funding opportunities
Ensuring our supporters' experience is positive and exemplary
- Working closely with the Director of Fundraising and the fundraising team to develop and provide high quality engagement opportunities for our supporters
- Ensuring exemplary communications with all SAS's funders by maintaining high quality systems and records
- Ensuring SAS reports effectively to funders based on individual reporting requirements
- Managing funder visits to SAS head office and projects
Fundraising strategy development and implementation
- Support the Director of Fundraising to refine and implement our fundraising strategy
Cross cutting tasks to ensure the delivery of the above
- Contribute to the formation of annual plans and budgets
- Reporting regularly on actual versus planned performance
- Providing data to budget holders for monthly forecast figures
- Preparing thoroughly for one to one meetings and annual appraisals with your line manager
- Take responsibility for your ongoing professional development
- Understanding and supporting the vision, mission and aims of Surfers Against Sewage
- Contributing to the formulation and delivery of Surfers Against Sewage's strategic development plans
We're looking for a talented and motivated individual with experience of working in a successful fundraising team in a trusts and foundations role.
Above all, you'll have a passion for fundraising and the desire to work in a high performing team.
Knowledge and experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of successfully writing applications to Grantmakers
- Experience of presenting strong written arguments
- Knowledge of UK Grantmakers
- Experience of acting as an organisational ambassador in a range of outward facing contexts
- Project management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Understanding of fundraising CRMs and their functionality
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritise a busy workload
- Awareness of new Fundraising Regulatory framework
Attributes and Behaviors
- Passionate and committed to improving the marine environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A completer / finisher
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly competent team worker
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- Willingness to work occasional evening and weekends
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role to us by clicking APPLY NOW
Closing Date: Friday 13 th March
Interview Date: Interviews expected to be held on Monday 23 rd & Tuesday 24 th March at SAS HQ in St Agnes, Cornwall.
Surfers Against Sewage values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.