Asset Management Specialist
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client has a 9+ month contract opportunity that will be extended on an annual basis for an Asset Management Specialist.
Our client will consider a candidate from a strong technical or desktop support background looking for a change.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) tool functions (management of IT assets, maintenance contracts, license compliance, life cycle planning and costing).
- Continual improvements to IT asset management system operating efficiency through analysis, review, and enhancement recommendations.
- Prepare reports for hardware, software asset reconciliation and audit activities, including financial, licensing, warranty and maintenance/support contract information.
- Develop KPI's and benchmark reports for monitoring IT hardware and software assets to ensure data integrity associated with Asset Management principles are maintained. Ensure reports provide accurate and relevant information for analysis and decision-making.
- Provide support and guidance to asset management team members on the use of the ITAM tool.
Primary activities include:
- Administration of asset management tool functions to maintain hardware, software/subscription, stock rooms, maintenance contracts, asset costs.
- Create, update and maintain IT asset model records and assets published to the service catalog.
- Create, update and maintain IT asset software and relate to maintenance contract records.
- Create, update and maintain IT asset reporting dashboards
- that ensure key asset data attributes are recorded for each asset class.
- to meet the data information requirements of managers, service owners, and end users.
- that provide accurate and relevant information for monitoring asset data accuracy, KPIs, licensing, warranties, maintenance/support contract information, financials.
- that ensure IT assets under maintenance (software license/subscriptions/hardware) are related to the maintenance contract.
- Administer data requests for software asset reconciliation/usage requests and vendor audits.
- Ensure software vendor terms and conditions are documented to support software license compliance and risk avoidance.
- Provide training and communication relating to the utilization of the ITAM application.
- Work with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and Service Catalog owners on enhancements to asset management functions to increase operating efficiency.
- Participate on Change Control activities as needed.
- Participate in other asset management team activities as needed.
- Backup asset management team members as needed.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Knowledge in asset management principles and practices including but not limited to acquisition, management and disposal of assets, asset life cycle, asset hierarchies
- Experience in the utilization of an ITAM/ITSM application
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology hardware, software, licensing product use rights, compliance, maintenance agreements, terms and conditions (ie Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, etc.)
- IT asset management and discovery tools experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database concepts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred preferably in Information Technology, Business Administration or closely related fields.
- Three (3) years of experience in an information technology environment
- One (1) year of experience managing assets in areas of planning, corrective or continuous improvement initiatives and processes.
Considered a plus:
- IT asset management experience in a global company working with virtual teams
- Proficient with ServiceNow, SAP
- Experience with IT asset management and discovery tools