Client & Project Manager - technical documentation & training content
Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Edissero Ltd
Project Manager/Documentation Manager/Operations Manager with a technical documentation and/or training content development background.
Our global technology and services client is looking for a client and project manager to manage technical documentation and training documentation development and delivery projects. In this dual role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of external clients and managing their technical documentation and training content projects. You'll work with customers to meet their needs and understand their issues, putting forward innovative solutions to help improve services and identify additional ways to help them.
This is a remote working role once up and running, but you need to be able to visit one of their offices in Cheshire, London or Hertfordshire.
This senior, varied role will involve:
- Ensuring excellent client service and satisfaction.
- Leading and presenting at client review meetings and at internal business reviews.
- Scoping, project managing and delivering high value technical documentation and/or training documentation projects on time, on budget and to the agreed quality.
- Working with resource managers to assign the appropriate resources to each project.
- Accurate financial and workload forecasting.
- Meeting sales and revenue goals.
- A project manager with experience in technical authoring and/or training content development environments; OR a documentation manager with good project management and client engagement experience; OR a training manager or training content developer with good project management and client engagement experience.
- Strong communication, negotiation, problem solving, presentation and customer skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Risk analysis skills.
Any experience with one or more of the following would be advantageous: An understanding of content management systems and content reuse; PRINCE2 certification; an awareness of the software/hardware development life cycles; business development or financial management experience.