Posted on Mar 3, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: Waltham Cross, EN8 7NY
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 50 hours per week, 7am to 5pm
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the postholder will be responsible for supervising the efficient operation of the Waltham Cross yard, promoting an organised, safe and professional environment. The postholder will having responsibility for supervising goods in and ensuring sufficient stocks of equipment, parts and PPE are available. In addition, the post holder will take ownership of the maintenance and distribution of plant and equipment.
This is a full-time post of 50 hours per week, however there will need to be a flexible approach to working hours and commitment to satisfy overtime.
Yard Supervisor Responsibilities:
* Ensuring the yard area is well maintained: clean, tidy and presentable
* Direction and supervision of all persons in the depot yard. Ensure all persons demonstrate environmental awareness, and that no person acts or presents a risk to health and safety in this area
* Ensure all yard-based activity is carried out safely and in accordance with appropriate Risk and Method Statements (RAMS)
* Perform regular depot checks: Fire Alarms; Legionella; Emergency Lighting
* Management of waste movements in and out of the depot
* Ensure all equipment and materials are stored safely and in accordance with regulatory requirements and within designated areas. The post-holder is expected to complete any necessary documentation in relation to storage.
* Maintain up to date and accurate records / inventories of stock materials and equipment
* Ordering materials and arranging hire equipment, for both in yard and on-site projects
* Receive and manage goods inwards processes
* Monitoring PPE requirements, ordering supplies, maintain the PPE stores.
* Monthly stock-takes, reconcile and adjust the accounts system (FocalPoint)
* Manage programme of equipment testing and certification (e.g. PAT testing, BA certification etc.) monitoring and maintaining the equipment database (GoldMine)
* Serviceability of all equipment: Check tools and equipment on return from jobs and ensure prompt return to storage and/or repair as necessary
* Undertake any maintenance and repair activity for which the post-holder is qualified and capable of undertaking (The post-holder must seek assistance and guidance and ensure any such action does not compromise validity of service and equipment. Liaise with external suppliers/contractors regarding repairs and maintenance, endeavouring to gain most cost-effective solution)
* This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be required to undertake additional tasks for which they are suitably qualified and experienced to undertake, as instructed by supervision
Yard Supervisor Requirements:
* Working knowledge and experience of the plant, equipment and other assets typically used within the industry, including: 110v hand tools (e.g. Drills; Grinders) and other small plant and machinery (e.g. Compressors, Lifting equipment); Safety Equipment for confined-space entry (e.g. Gas monitors; Breathing Apparatus; Tripod & Winches; Harnesses)
* 2 or more years' experience in a manual operative role, working with some / all of the equipment listed above.
* Capable of undertaking maintenance and repairs with items such as power tools and equipment
* Computer literate and able to maintain accurate records electronically
* Full & Clean UK Driving Licence (Essential as there will be occasional driving involved)
* Forklift Truck Licence (preferred)
* Strong team player
* Ability to operate independently with minimum supervision
* Professional, methodical and approach to all tasks
* Strong organisation skills
Yard Supervisor Benefits:
* Free onsite parking
* Pension scheme
* Refer a friend scheme
* Company awards with prizes
* Regular opportunities for training and development
* Progression opportunities
* Free company uniform and supplied PPE
If you think that you are suitable for this Yard Supervisor role, please apply now!