Big Data Engineers (Junior - Senior levels)
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Tri-S Recruiters, Inc.
$25 Billion corporation is looking for Big Data Engineers to work with multiple internal and external data sources to deliver data that is readily available, easily accessible, accurate and complete. They are responsible for building a centralized data lake/hub using the Hadoop ecosystem that will be used by Reporting & Operational Analytics teams and the Machine learning teams.
- Responsible for design, prototyping and delivery of software solutions within the big data eco-system
- Leading projects and/or serving as analytics SME to provide new or enhanced data to the business
- Improving data governance and quality increasing the reliability of our data
- Influencing the creation of a single, trusted source for key Claims business data that can be shared across the Enterprise
- Responsible for designing and building new Big Data systems for turning data into actionable insights
- Train and mentor junior team members on Big Data/Hadoop tools and technologies
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and presents recommendations to management
Seeks out and evaluates emerging big data technologies and open-source packages
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
- Uses, teaches, and supports a wide variety of Big Data and Analytics tools to achieve results (ie, Python, Hadoop, HIVE, Scala, Impala and others).
- Uses, teaches, and supports a wide variety of programming languages on Big Data and Analytics work (ie Java, Python, SQL, R)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or related field) or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-7 years of professional experience with Big Data technologies. Hadoop, Spark, Hive and AWS.
- 1-7 years of experience preferred in a data integration, ETL and/or business intelligence/analytics related function
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Experience in developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Expert high-level coding skills such as SQL and Python and/or other Scripting languages(UNIX) required. Scala is a plus.