Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Edissero Ltd
Our innovative software development client is looking for a technical author to join its small documentation team. In collaboration with the development and testing teams, you'll be updating the company's user manual, developer guides, and release documents. You'll also have the opportunity to work with other product and project teams.
You'll enjoy learning and be able to write appropriately for an international audience that includes scientists, librarians, informaticians, systems administrators, and increasingly, systems integrators and application developers. This role offers interesting, varied and challenging work, and the opportunity to make a real difference in a growing company.
- Have technical authoring experience in a software development environment.
- Be a very good all-round communicator, whatever the audience.
- Be able to clearly and accurately explain complex concepts.
- Enjoy and have a desire to self-learn and to share knowledge.
- Be organised, flexible and adaptable, with a questioning mind and analytical skills.
Experience with any of the following is helpful, but is not essential:
- HTML and CSS.
- API documentation.
- Scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, or Bash.
- Version control such as Mercurial or Git.
- Life sciences.
- Cross-functional teams.
- Agile teams.
The company offers a great working environment, a competitive salary and bonus (8%), a good range of flexible benefits including BUPA healthcare, free parking, and regular company lunches/social events.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £70k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£250 - £300 Daily
£500 - £600 Daily
£38k - £41.5k Annual
£70k - £80k Annual
£375 - £425 Daily