GP Locums - MoD (Ministry of Defence)
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Locum Placement Group
GP Locums - MoD
I am urgently seeking GP locums as I have been inundated with jobs from the MoD (Ministry of Defence) which are based all over the UK!
- Slower paced environment/10-15 mins per patient/early finish around 4.30 pm
- Block bookings of 3 months/renewable/hourly paid
- Young-fit patients/minor illnesses or injuries (musculoskeletal related)
- Mainly sports medicine related
- Sometimes heavier injuries in rehabilitation centres
- Interest in occupational health is good as they might have to declare if patient is fit to work
Overall less stressful environment, great working hours, bigger bases accept newly qualified GPs and some offer mess accommodation (to the candidate's expenses) for the ones willing to relocate.
LPG are working in collaboration with the Ministry of Defence are looking for long term and short term locum GP's to work across the UK.
Working a 37-40 hour week, you will see a diverse range of patients on bases and perform the normal duties a regular NHS Locum GP does.
The position is to run from Monday - Friday weekly and with working hours from 08:00 - 16:30.
The position is seeing pre booked appointments only and will consist of 10 minute appointment times as normal.
The Ministry of Defence offer a fantastic working environment & you will be working with some of the most talented Clinical staff in the UK.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced and competent in conducting occupational health assessments, primary health care clinics and routine medical examinations.
Previous experience within the military and use of the system DMICP is an advantage, but not always essential.
To be eligible for this position you must have a clean GMC.
Please do apply with an up to date C.V and our consultant will get in touch!