Senior Big Data/Hadoop Developer
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
As senior Hadoop developer you are responsible for (technical) design as well as coding of data ingestion layer as well as data delivery layer of Hadoop stack. Demonstrates proven experience in configuring big data environments and is able to coach a team of medior and junior developers.
Ensures Hadoop environment is setup with a flexible, scalable ingestion layer and data delivery layers - team delivers every other week in line with design framework & coding standards.
The candidate is:
- Very experienced in working with HortonWorks tools like Ambari, HDFS, Spark, Hive (techincal design, writing code, test & review)
- Experienced in Java & Python
- Has experience with working in an Agile-scrum setu
- Is able to (technically) lead and educate others
- Is able to design/deliver coding standards for the team
- Pre: experience with integrations with PowerBI and Elastic
- Pre: experience with running Hadoop on Azure
- Pre: has some background/knowledge in traditional datawarehouses