Senior Oracle DBA
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by ITech Consult
Senior DBA - Oracle
Our client is specialist providers of bespoke software solutions in Dairy, Retail and Grain industries for over 30 years.
They are currently looking for a Senior DBA.
The chosen candidate will join a growing team in a market leading Oracle Gold Partner Company. They will be responsible for maintaining the company's database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation. They will have 8-10 years' experience working in a senior position maintaining Oracle databases. This is a senior leadership role that includes excellent scope for career progression.
* Responsible for design, development, administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of Oracle databases
* Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures
* Perform regular reviews and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code
* Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
* Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
* Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
* Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
* Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
* Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
* Manage database security, access control and management of documentation
* Liaise with development team in the full development life cycle of database applications
* Assist in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
* Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring for junior DBA's.
* Ensure all DBA touchpoints in relation to SLA commitments are met and exceeded.
* Full responsibility for Release Management, including the documentation
* Work with the DBA manager to identify improvements and efficiencies to the DBA service.
* 8- 10 years proven work experience as an Oracle Database administrator
* Degree or Diploma in a computer science discipline
* Oracle OCP Certification in 11G and or 12C
* Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
* Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
* Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918932FK
Role: Senior DBA - Oracle
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent