Senior DevOps Engineer (Linux)
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
* Compensation: $150K-$160K Salary + 20% BONUS.*
We have an immediate Direct Hire/Full-time opening for a Sr. DevOps Engineer (Linux) at our top client located in Coppell, TX. The Sr. DevOps Engineer (Linux) is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining DevOps Engineering Solutions.
Collaboration with a range of IT teams and technologies within the IT landscape is an expectation (eg Network Teams, Windows Team, Development Teams, et. al.).
Core Utilities will be running on a Linux platform, so Linux Administrative experience is a MUST and an understanding of infrastructure fundamentals is highly desired.
- Lead solution architecture for all DevOps initiatives.
- Git setup, configuration, administration, and project setup
- Ansible setup, configuration, administration, and role/playbook development
- Jenkins setup, configuration, and administration
- Jenkins integration coupled with Ansible (Freestyle projects/Pipeline)
- Docker containerization, configuration, and administration
- Utility containerization familiarity is a plus
- Analyze, design, engineer, and document the standards for the Unix/Linux operating system and associated physical, virtual, and containerized components
- Provide level 3 platform support (including problem determination and resolution) for Linux environments
- Design and create DevOps solutions for Hybrid Virtual deployments (eg VMWare, Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud)
- Automate Virtual and Physical maintenance and deployments
- Provide Linux systems administration, systems engineering, and application migration for Linux instances in test, development, and production environments
Skills needed are:
- Top to bottom setup of guest and containerized versions of distributed version control systems (Git)
- Automation/configuration management systems (Ansible)
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery/and continuous deployment systems (Jenkins)
- The candidate should be expected to understand setup and integration of the automation tools (Git, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Ansible/Git/Jenkins setup, configuration, integration, and development
- YAML (for Ansible)
- Jenkins pipelines (Jenkinsfile, GROOVY, Declarative)
- Jenkins Freestyle project development (generally Ansible integrated)
- DokuWiki setup and documentation layouts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in RHEL administration and engineering
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with IaaS/SaaS (Oracle Cloud, Amazon, etc.)
- Experience with Active Directory, JBoss, Apache HTTP and Tomcat, MySQL, and other Open Source tools is a plus.
- Strong Scripting experience and configuration management desired
- Strong organizational procedural mindset desired with the ability to document and automate process wherever possible.
- Project leadership is highly desirable
- RHCE and RHCSA and related certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of other UNIX/Linux operating systems/distributions such as AIX, OEL, RHEL, SLES, etc. are a plus
- Expertise in server hardware and software configurations, functional design, networking protocols, and data analysis
- Extensive knowledge of general infrastructure topics such as SAN, network, database, DNS, Active Directory
- Experience with Software Defined Data Center Concepts preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and solving complex problems in multi-vendor environment
*Please submit resumes directly to (see below) for immediate consideration*