Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by The Royak Group Inc.
This is an opportunity to work in a growing enterprise environment with fast-moving projects key to business growth.
Based within the Technical Support Services Team the Senior Systems Engineer will focus on supporting the company's Master Data Management platform (STEP) as PaaS offering and customer hosted installations.
This is a dual role with approximately 75-80% of time spent on new implementations (deployed on Amazon Web Services [AWS], Microsoft Azure, on-prem or partner hosted) and 20-25% of time spent on supporting customer issues pertaining to the STEP Platform.
The Senior Systems Engineer will also participate in the presales process, assist in documentation, security & compliance and establishing best practices to be followed globally.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
You will have a broad interface and engagement internally within the company as well as externally in relation to prospects, customers and partners.
Your primary objectives are as follows:
- Install and configure infrastructure, operating systems and applications
- Install, administer and configure STEP platform and externals
- Install Oracle and Cassandra Database software
- Ensure the STEP Implementations follow company's best practices
- Work closely with customers regarding technical requirements and provide guidance on integrating the STEP platform into the existing infrastructure landscape
- Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement containerization of cloud offerings
- Participate in evaluating new products to meet business needs while ensuring that existing products are used to their best capabilities
- Contribute to maintaining and fine-tuning AWS and Azure infrastructure architecture blueprints and relevant information
- Responsible for maintaining and publishing infrastructure architecture artifacts on a regular basis while reviewing materials and gaining consensus from appropriate IT group - which includes operations, development and quality
- Presentation development and delivery as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or Cloud Engineering with at least 1 year in IaaS and/or PaaS environment (specifically with AWS and Azure)
- Experience with automation and deployment of cloud infrastructure leveraging Terraform and Ansible tools
- Experience with multiple operating systems, with a focus on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with IP Networking, VLAN, Firewall, VPN, DNS and VNET
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database and Apache Cassandra database
- Experience with user integration configuration with SAML 2.0 and LDAP
- Hands on experience with SSL Certificates management
- Ability to focus and drive results both as a team player as well as an individual contributor
- Excellent customer service ethics/skills
- Ability to adapt to changing timelines and direction in a fast-moving environment
- Must be willing to work with minimal direction from management
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Amazon Web Services Certifications - Associate and/or Professional
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools, Systems Center Operations manager or SCOM
- Working knowledge of CI/DC Pipeline Automation (Jenkins)
- Programming Scripting languages (Perl, Bash and/or Python)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.