SAP Analytics & Cloud Consultant
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is a prominent and highly regarded consultancy business.
SAP Analytics Cloud is built up as a reporting platform. For various projects and maintenance assignments my client is looking for an experienced SAS Analytics Consultant who also has knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) to assist us in perpetuating our SAS environment and building reports in the SAC on top.
The candidate will be responsible for the needs analysis, for the technical data processing and transformation (in SAS DI) and the visualization and reporting in SAC.
Based on your experience the candidate will direct the SAS BI team to keep the SAS platform operational:
- Implement and follow up the daily "keep it running" activities
- Incident & Problem management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- Follow up and assist with planned interventions
- Follow-up change & release process
In addition, the candidate will be the point of contact to the business and you provide functional support to business users,
both for the SAS environment and tools as in the SAC.
- Very good knowledge of the following SAS tools: SAS Visual Analytics, SAS DI, SAS E-guide.
- Good knowledge of other analytics tools on the market, methods used and recent innovations. In particular, good knowledge of SAC.
- Knowledge of Visual Statistics, SAS Management Console and SAS Base is an asset.
Experience on similar assignments such as this. In particular:
- make functional analyzes/specifications and discuss them with the various stakeholders (you also ensure the validation of the documents). This with a strong focus on the asset management domain.
- translate concrete business issues into concrete technical solutions in the SAS analytics tools and SAC, based on the reporting needs work out the data model in accordance with the BI regulations.
- experience in technical data processing and transformation using SAS DI, E-guide and SAS Base.
- experience in keeping an SAS environment operational to guarantee the necessary SLAs
- experience in building up reports in SAS VA and SAC
- experience with various visualization techniques in function of the specific context
- hold the documentation up to date.
- responsible for the life cycle management and updates/upgrades of an existing SAS environment.
- improvement proposals based on your expertise.
- advise, assist and coach both the business and IT in good practices around Analytics, and SAS tools in particular, whereby the business uses the SAS software and SAC mentioned in a self-service mode
- provide training in the SAS data preparation tools or SAC
- think about the future of BI in the framework, prepare the customer for future innovations and guide them through the introduction of these changes
experience in data warehouse modelling - senior 5 years
experience with building at least two data warehouse components from the following list: data integration (ETL), reporting & analysis (BI), databases and metadata.
experience in data warehousing concepts, processes and architectures
experience in data warehouse security aspects
experience in making technical analyses
Language requirement: Dutch spoken at level C2.
Given the strong interaction with the business, a very good knowledge of Dutch (both spoken and written) is necessary.
Based on his/her expertise, this person must be able to fully participate within the existing team within 2 weeks. Self-organization & great learning capacity are essential qualities in this.
You have communication skills, maintain personal contacts and build a good relationship with the user community.
You are a real team player and you actively participate in project work.
Innovation is one of your strengths so that you constantly look for an optimal workable solution.
You are analytical, work structured and documented.
You are able to manage other technical profiles for the implementation and supervision of BI assignments
If you wish to apply for this role, please send me a CV for immediate consideration.
Please do not apply for this role, if you are not an EU citizen, or do not hold