Senior Operate Landscape Manager
Posted on Feb 29, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
The role sits within the Corporate portfolio in Global Functions SOM.
The Senior Operate Landscape Manager (OLM) is accountable for the end-to-end reliability and secure delivery of applications and services for Heath, Travel and Aircraft portfolios including service management and occasionally, technical guidance to others.
- As part of the natural team, managing the IT operations of 3 portfolios within the Corporate space;
- Ensuring alignment from all stakeholders, including IT Engineering, Business IT, Architecture and business;
- Managing the portfolio budget, including actuals vs. planned reconciliation, budget changes, and budget transfers;
- Managing software contracts, including basic contract interpretation, negotiations, and value appraisal;
- Fostering close relationships with all stakeholders (application super users, business sponsors, business application owners, etc.) to detect/eliminate pain points and manage future demand;
- Acting as the "face of IT" for the business, regardless of what team is responsible internally within IT;
- Understanding how Shell IT is organized and knowing how to contact each team (such as the various CoEs) to drive reliable request fulfillment and incident resolution;
- Engaging with technical stakeholders to align expectations and drive commitments;
- Managing, coaching, and developing application support specialists on day-to-day activities;
- Identifying and delivering continuous improvement opportunities in line with the IT operational strategy.
- Cost and budget responsibilities;
- Dotted line supervisory responsibilities for application support specialists;
- Reports to Lead OLM with limited direct supervision
- Interact virtually with a broad natural team (IT management, IT delivery, IRM, Architecture, software suppliers, managed service providers, vendors) in a global and culturally diverse environment;
- Applications are mostly SaaS;
- Multiple high priority activities with a high degree of change and application landscape complexity;
- Failure within some applications have immediate effects on Shell's finances, reputation, and (legal and social) license to operate.
- Minimum 4-year degree related to IT, computerscience, or other technical/analytical discipline;
- 5+ years of IT experience in a global corporation;
- Strong cost and budget management skills;
- Strong contract management and negotiation skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including software (SaaS and on-prem) suppliers and managed service providers;
- Strong coaching skills, including coaching non-technical stakeholders and managed service providers;
- Strong understanding of Shell's entire IT team structure and relevant contact information;
- Robust experience with ITIL processes, including business change management and support/transition;
- Robust experience with IRM controls with an emphasis on GDPR and data privacy;
- Solid experience with supervisory and/or delegation duties;
- Solid experience in continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of IT operations experience in a global corporation;
- Past experience as a developer or other similar technical role.
- Excellent communication skills with internal, external, technical, non-technical, and culturally diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities simultaneously with minimal direction from management;
- Ability to break down large, complex, technical, and/or ambiguous activities into a realistic timeline with appropriate actions;
- Ability to understand technical concepts quickly from others or external technical research;
- Ability to keep abreast of the history and latest industry news/trends.
Note: you have to be willing to relocate to The Hague, NL.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.