RUBY Developer - 2-months initial in Rome - UN-agency-client - EN-spea
Posted on Feb 28, 2020 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "RUBY Developer" to start from ASAP an initial 2-month contract for an international Org' client in Rome with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment. Our client has a growing portfolio of web applications leveraging Ruby/Rails and other web technologies.
The position is Rome based, but there could be scope for some of the work being carried out offsite.
50-100% onsite in Rome could be possible.
Kindly send your CV indicating your daily rate for on/off-site and your onsite/offsite availability.
The Client Portal (ICP) provides multiple services to client clients: submission of Withdrawal Application and Banking Instructions, internal process reporting, access to reference documents, contract monitoring, financial execution and financial amendments.
ICP makes available to clients documents produced in other client systems, as well ICP produces documentation to be distributed client corporate systems following their requirements.
New functions in ICP Phase C replace a manual process that involves collecting and uploading manually documents in client systems. These documents must now be interfaced automatically from ICP to the target systems.
Under the supervision of the project manager, the contractor will be the lead Ruby on Rails developer and technical expert on the project.
The contractor will be in charge of changing and testing the software component of ICP dedicated to document routing across systems (ICPLEX) and the target client systems (ARTS and FMDB) in order to:
- Read documents and metadata from ICP storage area (SharePoint)
- Submit documents and metadata to ARTS and FMDB
- Enqueue/reschedule document submissions where business workflow conditions require
- Notify end users where required by the business workflows
- Unit and functional testing of developments and regression testing of changes
- Support for user acceptance testing and resolution of issues reported
- Technical documentation
- Other tasks as required
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline with at least five years of professional work experience in web development.
- Experience of both designing and executing technical solutions from business requirements.
- Ability to document technical projects.
- Minimum 6 years enterprise development experience, of which 2 years of experience will be with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework using Behaviour/Test Driven Development methodology.
- Proven experience of having built APIs for Ruby on Rails applications
- Proven experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Participation in open source projects is desirable
- Good knowledge of enterprise patterns, Object Oriented Design patterns and programming techniques
- Knowledge of major Agile Project Management techniques (Scrums, XP, etc.)
- Experience of GIT versioning systems
- Proven track record in the following technologies:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Linux, Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- Duty station: The position is Rome based, but there could be (at our discretion) scope for some of the work being carried out offsite. 50-100% onsite in Rome would be preferred. Kindly send your relevant CVs indicating your daily rates for on/off-site and your onsite/offsite availability.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.