Mobile Desktop Engineer/2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer/Field Engine
Posted on Feb 28, 2020 by V-Source UK Ltd
Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support, ITIL, Microsoft Windows, AD, Active Directory, Office, Office 365, Exchange.
My Leatherhead/Surrey based client urgently require a Mobile Desktop Engineer who has over 3 years experience as a Desktop Support Analyst and be comfortable supporting users/VIP users. You will predominantly be based in Enfield/North London but will be required to travel to other sites (London) as required. You will also need to be familiar being the single point of contact within the IT on a particular site, whilst also working well as part of a bigger team.
The main duties for this role are as follows:
- Taking ownership of incidents/requests escalated from the Service Desk and ensuring they are promptly resolved
- Maintaining Hardware ensuring that new users are correctly assigned with the relevant equipment, whilst maintaining the asset register
- Application management (Install/Patches/Updates)
- Providing general desktop support for all users, whilst giving priority to VIP users where necessary
- Logging tickets on the Service Management software where users are dealt with directly
- Travelling to various sites in and around London, therefore a full UK driving license and own car is a must to be considered for this role.
Key skills required for this role are as follows:
- ITIL (Ideally certified, but we would consider candidates that have completed the course)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows OS
- Microsoft Office/Office 365
- MS Exchange Assenting/Licence Management
- Patch Management for Desktop/Laptops
- Hardware Support/Build Management
- Mobile Device Management/Configuration
All applicants must have a full UK driving licence and their own car.