Senior Application Developer (Java) | €60-75k DOE - Permanent | Tipper
Posted on Feb 27, 2020 by Trilogy International
Trilogy International are working with a Financial Services client based in Tipperary who are searching for a Senior Application Developer on permanent basis. This role sits in the digital development department.
The team will be responsible for setting up product development capabilities in Tipperary to enable innovative commerce options while protecting retailers/restaurants and their customers.
Adopting an API first approach, the team will be responsible for delivering integrations for large enterprise clients to provide a seamless omni channel experience for their customers. These roles are part of the initial team that is being established to focus on the EMEA market and deliver product features and integrations for large enterprise clients and key partners in the region.
Senior Application Developer Technical Requirements:
- Design and Development of high-quality software applications that reliably integrate into enterprise payments solutions in support of our clients Digital Solutions
- Design and Develop comprehensive capabilities that meet and exceed technical requirements.
- Lead the process from requirements refinement, backlog grooming all the way to the fruition of production-grade software.
- Provides technical expertise in team settings through teaching, mentoring, and presenting ideas demonstrating advanced thinking
- Consults with leadership on emerging technologies.
- Consults with senior IT management on the design and technology architecture of moderately complex systems and projects.
- Works on complex systems and project issues with senior IT leadership.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Must have requirements:
- 5+ years of Java development experience. Must have strong knowledge of core Java including Multithreading, connection pooling, caching, etc.
- In depth experience of Spring ecosystem (Sprint Boot, Sprint Integration, Spring Data, etc)
- RESTful API development experience
- Strong focus on quality with experience of automated test frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD pipelines and DevOps culture
- Experience of Cloud architectures and platforms and designing and developing applications for the Cloud
- Experience in developing enterprise scale applications with focus on performance and scale
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Payment and POS domain knowledge and experience
- Experience with any of the following SCM and CI/CD tools - Git, Maven, Pivotol Concourse
- Experience with API gateway platforms such as Apigee
- Experience of MicroServices architectures and patterns
- Experience of Enterprise Integration patterns
- Experience of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Kotlin development experience
- Experience of performance test and profiling tools such as JProfiler
Please email your CV to (see below) to be considered for this position