Posted on Feb 27, 2020 by UT Health East Texas
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Athens, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Physical Therapist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Physical Therapy Department where you will be responsible for:
The Staff Physical Therapist shall be responsible for providing a full range of age appropriate physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.
- Evaluates and assesses the patient's physical therapy needs based on subjective and objective information obtained through medical record review, formal and informal test administration with appropriate analysis and interpretation of results to develop plan of care.
- Formulates written functional measurable goals, treatment plans, and/or home programs for patient and families.
- Provides treatment according to established goals on treatment plan and reassesses patient's functional status when goals are met or there is a change in the patient's condition.
- Instructs/educates patients/families in appropriate activities and referral to community resources as appropriate utilizing both verbal and written programs.
- Documents evaluations and progress in the medical record and maintains patient records as required.
- Communicates with patients, families and all health care professionals required to provide comprehensive interdisciplinary care. Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education to provide expected standards of care.
So what experience are we looking for in our PT's?
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in Texas At least one year clinical experience preferred
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
- Location: Longview, TX , 75606
- Type: Medical & Healthcare
- Company: UT Health East Texas
- View More Jobs!
- Post your resume
- Create an Alert
- Found a mis-fit listing? Report it