Lead Network Security Engineer
Posted on Feb 27, 2020 by Job Network
engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of network and security
solutions. This person will also act as a technical lead on complex client
* Security/Firewall, LAN and WAN routing and switching design
* Configuration and deployment in complex small to large environments
including Internet Edge architectures.
* Assessment, design and implementation of network and security products/
* Developing comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation
and effectively managing the implementation process from design to
* Assume technical leadership on complex projects.
* Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
* Act as a focal point for client security problem resolution, lead design
workshops and support pre-sales activity for complex security and network
solutions when needed.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
* 7 + years related experience in a VAR/MSP environment.
* Cisco CCNP/CCIE certificate or equivalent experience.
* Experience with security focused network solutions that align with
compliance requirements and industry standards like PCI, HIPAA, ISO
27001, NIST, CSF, ITIL, COBIT, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO, SANS 20, etc.
* Working knowledge of host/network common vulnerabilities and exploits,
hacker methodologies and tactics, and the tools used.
* Experience positioning professional services, managed services & SaaS
solutions to fulfill needs regarding risk management, risk assessments,
compliance assessment/remediation, and information security architectures
* Flexible and adaptable to change and hours of work, to meet customer
* Experience working in professional corporate office environment
* Candidates must have experience and demonstrated expertise in at least
one or more of the following areas:
* Cisco Network Security design, configuration, and tuning of security
* Excellent understanding of VPN
* ASA Firewalls and FWSMs
* Palo Alto and Fortinet Firewalls
* IPS appliances and in-line modules, building and tuning of alerts
* SourceFire / FireSight / AMP
* Network Access Control (NAC) / Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
integration with wired, wireless infrastructure & VPN
* Content Security (Cisco/Ironport ESA/WSA, WebSense, etc.)
* Security Testing and Audit Platforms (Nessus, NMAP, etc.)
* SIEM Platforms (Splunk, McAfee Nitro, LogRythm, etc.)
* Working knowledge of OS and domain structures e.g. Red Hat Linux, Oracle/
Sun, Windows, Active Directory, as well as servers, services, and
* Experience with Windows, Linux, Red Hat, etc. hosts, operating systems
* Must have valid license and access to an automobile
Please send resumes to
* provided by DicePandoLogic. Keywords: Network Security Engineer,
Location: New York, NY - 10001