Optical Instrumentation Specialist - Service & Support
Posted on Feb 27, 2020 by Vector Recruitment Ltd
We have a brand-new position for a talented optical instrumentation specialist (Scientist/Engineer) to work as an International Field Service and Support Engineer at a fast-growing & high-tech company, based just outside Oxford. The Optical Instrumentation Service and Support Engineer will be responsible for the worldwide installation, service, training and support of the company's array of ultra-high technology scientific instrumentation products. This is a highly technical role and requires someone with a good understanding of optical technology and experience of installing and supporting complex instrumentation.
In return, the Optical Instrumentation Service and Support Engineer can expect an excellent salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with some seriously cutting-edge technologies.
Requirements of Optical instrumentation Service and Support Engineer
- Good understanding of optical/electro-optical instrumentation
- Good BEng/MEng degree or MSc in Physics, Optics, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar relevant Scientific/Engineering field.
- Proven experience of international field service and support from pre-installation to end-of-life.
- Experience of development, manufacture and/or service of products involving high precision optical alignment.
- Ability to translate product technical details into effective service instructions.
- Experience in resolving technical issues in electronics, optics and software.
- The candidate will have excellent communication skills across different audiences - especially individual customers and customer organizations.
Vacancy Location: Oxfordshire (Commutable from: Oxford, Reading, Swindon, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Newbury, Banbury) plus extensive travel within the UK and internationally.
Salary: Fully Negotiable + excellent benefits.