Senior .NET Developer | Banking
Posted on Feb 27, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
We have partnered with one of the most leading banking groups in the Netherlands and they are currently in need of a few Senior C#/.NET Developers.Location: Amsterdam
Length: 12 months
Language: Dutch/Nederlands - preferred/advantageous
Seniority: Senior/7+ years
Main services delivered by you are:
- On-going development of their in-house developed Domain Specific Language that is used by their business analyst to automate their processes. Improvement and extension of this DSL and surrounding framework by developing new commands and features using C#.
- Build alternative solutions to replace non-developer built Excel/VBA tools with modules for the automation framework.
- Set up a data reconciliation solution to allow business analysts to monitor the flow of data through all the business processes.
- Initiate and consult on ways to improve automation of manual processes.
- Carry out a senior engineer role, eg:
- Manage releases
- With help of business experts, analyse, understand and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- If requested, advice business or operation colleagues eg at identifying root causes for incidents related to process errors. Advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI layer to improve reporting.
- Minimum of 7 years of extensive experience with c# (.net)
- Experienced with Team foundation server
- Experienced using MVC, WPF and entity framework
- Experienced with MS SQL Server
- Hands-on and pro-active attitude
- Capable to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and capable to slice work into steps and can work accordingly
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You are able to peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
- Strong soft and business analysis skills to get clear requirements from stakeholders who don't oversee the full IT picture yet
- You can explain complex matters in a simple way
- You are fluent in English
- You are a team player
- Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.
- LDAP/Active Directory to grant end users with particular roles/permissions to analyse data processing results
- Processing financial data, eg related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
- Dutch language.