Cloud Development Ops Engineer
Posted on Feb 26, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Looking for a candidate for a 6 month contract to hire. At the end of the contract salary will be $100k to $115k plus discretionary bonus 0 - 30%
There are 600 employees in the company with 400 in IT. You will need to have Azure, DevOps, Scripting skills to automate and integrate applications. Powershell, Python, Golang, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker. This is more of an infrastructure DevOps Engineer with minimum 2 years experience. 2 days remote.
- Design, implement, and provide support across Azure environments.
- Partner with network and security teams to implement structure, connectivity, and security of our cloud environments.
- Assist architects and designers in standardizing and automating system implementation/configuration.
- Develop CloudFormation scripts for TS's cloud environments.
- Assist with documentation of the environments that support our products.
- Analyze, optimize and troubleshoot cloud environments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify integrity/availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. Review system and applications logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install and configure new software releases, perform system upgrades, evaluate and install patches.
- Implement, maintain, and test disaster recovery to ensure proper security across corporate computing environment.
- Perform after hours production changes, as necessary, serve as subject matter expert to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve system problems and outages with minimal downtime.
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Azure or higher-level certification preferred.
- 5+ years building operational systems for custom software applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise with ability to confidently resolve complex issues without escalation.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery services.
- Advanced Windows and some Linux systems administration skills in a cloud environment.
- Expertise managing IAM accounts and policies.
- Extensive experience developing Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform knowledge.
- Strong Scripting skills with any of the following; PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML, Golang etc.