PCV Mechanic (Backshift) - Inchinnan Depot
McGill's Bus Service Ltd is Scotland's largest independent Bus Company, with Depots across Greenock, Inchinnan, Johnstone, and Coatbridge. We're looking to recruit a Backshift PCV/HGV Mechanic for Inchinnan Depot, to carry out a wide range of repairs on Company vehicles.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation and a great team, where you will deal with a range of systems to diagnose and repair a variation of vehicles.
• To carry out vehicle repair diagnosis on any Company fleet
• To complete internal paperwork and sign off on any repair undertaken
• To carry out all repairs to Company standard on vehicle safety and presentation
• To lend support to the Engineering team to find fault and diagnose faults on any vehicle as required by the Line Manager
• To keep up to date with legislative changes and legal requirements
• To comply with McGill's Health & Safety policy
• To participate in any relevant training in order to develop job skills, knowledge and service standard
• Any other duties as required by the Engineering Manager
Successful candidate must be a time served, fully qualified PCV or HGV Mechanic and hold the appropriate City & Guilds or equivalent qualification. PCV licence is desired but not essential.
Start and finish times are 16.00 hours - 00.30 hours. 40 hour basic working week, working 5 days over 7, with the opportunity of working overtime as and when required
Benefits include Company pension, rates of pay up to £14.65 per hour depending on experience and skills.