Credit Risk Officer - Global Financial Organisation - Luxembourg
Posted on Feb 26, 2020 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
A contract position, as a Credit Risk Officer, working within the Group Credit division, offering a competitive day rate, plus a modern office layout located in their Luxembourg offices.
- University degree in Business, Accountancy or Banking & Finance
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills supported by prior experience in credit analysis of banks and other financial institutions
- Credibility and drive to present senior management with robust and accurate credit recommendations
- Sound knowledge of different financial instruments
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in an international environment; ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of German is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas
In your position as Credit Risk Officer you will be mainly responsible for assessing the general creditworthiness of counterparts and collateral issuers (financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns) operating in a variety of mature and growth countries. As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide credit recommendations to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas.
- Conduct credit research and market intelligence in order to acquire sufficient knowledge of the counterparts under your responsibility
- Assess customer's credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
- Prepare annual counterparts credit reviews and ad-hoc credit assessment.
- Recommend acceptance of new clients and credit limits
- Input and maintenance of credit data in the systems of records
- Monitor credit exposures, authorise purchases of securities and the release of customers' payments while ensuring adherence to settlement and currency deadlines
- Contribute to the review, upgrade and development of credit policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work on the maintenance, design, testing and implementation of new and existing credit tools
- Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
- Participate in credit projects and ad-hoc requests
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in Luxembourg.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!