NAS and Object Storage Engineer
Posted on Feb 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a NAS and Object Storage Engineer.
Candidate will manage the object storage infrastructure (but also participate in NAS management), contribute to storage automation efforts, delivery of new storage capabilities that align to business needs, and ensure storage security standards are met. Candidate will design, engineer and manage the storage infrastructure. Must have the ability and experience to drive storage improvement efforts, through implementation of new technologies and/or automation in a secure data center or cloud environment. Responsible for life cycle management, as well as, the development and deployment of new capabilities within the storage and backup infrastructures. Acts as the SME (subject matter expert) for all internal client needs and infrastructure projects. Accountable for the certification, security, and implementation of new hardware, software, and capabilities for storage technologies.
- Enterprise storage management and administration
- Automation of storage administration and management as needed.
- Protect enterprise storage against security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Management of storage platforms/resources which include Scality and NetApp,
- Engagement with internal business functions, other IT support organizations, and multiple diverse application support teams.
- Solid knowledge of object storage principles and constructs (S3 Experience Highly Preferred)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS storage technologies
- Knowledge and experience with the AWS S3 protocol and IAM policies
- Knowledge of core object storage administration and management concepts such as geographically dispersed data protection, erasure coding, and REST API
- Understanding of IP Networking principles including load balancing and Firewalls
- RHEL administration and patching
- Knowledge of Python Scripting, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Experience with the Scality object storage platform
- Cloud Computing and Storage technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Docker Container fundamentals
- Broad understanding of NAS protocols: NFS and CIFS, management and administration.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware ESX, VMware vSAN, RHEL, and Windows Server.
- Familiar with NetApp's OnCommand suite of management utilities (OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Unified Manager)
- Experience with addressing vulnerabilities in storage protocols and storage platforms.
- Experience with ServiceNow