Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Feb 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an IT Security Engineer. Candidate will help provide guidance and cybersecurity consulting services to IT leadership.
- Ability to assess technology projects, initiatives, or strategic direction and serve as a collaborative and strategic cybersecurity partner in identifying complex, multi-faceted or new cybersecurity solutions required to support the desired goals.
- Provides expert advice into the conceptual and technical design/execution of the enterprise wide cybersecurity solutions. (Windows, UNIX, Network, Web, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Ability to manage internal cybersecurity-related projects including; documented scoping, assessments, milestones and key deliverables, timeline and reporting.
- Provide service-oriented and value add cybersecurity guidance across all Information Technology
- Manage and optimize existing cybersecurity tool investments, proactively assess, evaluate and provide guidance on effectiveness to Company's cybersecurity posture.
- Actively engage with Security Operations to assess overall data points being tracked, reported, and monitored and collaborate on better methods, metrics, data sources, or a combination thereof to increase effectiveness and value in security alerting and monitoring.
- Serve as the driver in our security posture visibility and alerting maturity through partnered and purposeful analysis efforts; drive maturity beyond alerts, incidents and tickets into proactive analysis.
- Provide supportfor escalated incidents; Perform root cause analysis for cybersecurity, availability failure, and direct the remediation of cybersecurity related causes.
- Assist in the maturity and growth of the team by sharing knowledge, insight and mentoring the team to help expand overall capabilities.
- Serve as advisory resources to projects led by cybersecurity architecture and operations.
- Partner and design changes in the cybersecurity Landscape based on results from analysis received from Risk & Compliance, Internal Audit, External Audit and other functions as deemed appropriate.
- Full understanding of industry standard security frameworks such as ISO, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, PCI, CIS, HITRUST, or NIST CSF and how to confirm security alignment operationally and in consulting or solution engineering.
- 1-4 years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 1+ years of experience in IT industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication capabilities
- Business acumen
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Information Systems Security Engineer Professional (ISSEP)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or any other GIAC/SANS Certification
- COMPTIA Security+
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$80k - $100k Annual
$85k - $100k Annual